City Beautification Committee
The City Beautification Committee is responsible for a variety of beautification projects, both downtown and across Troy. The Beautification Committee was started as a garden club in 1969, and officially established as a City Committee under Chapter 1103 of the Troy City Code in 1974. Some of those projects include:
- Flower plantings around downtown Troy
- Management of the planters and the hanging baskets on utility poles around the Public Square
- Christmas decorations around the square and levee (with support from the Troy Foundation)
- Sponsorship of an Arbor Day program
- Memorial trees and plaques
- Tree management around the Public Square
- Conducting tree identification and tagging in City parks
- Presenting “Green Thumb” and “Merit” awards
- Encouraging organizations and citizens to beautify properties in Troy
Governing Law: Chapter 1103 of the Troy Codified Ordinances.
Membership: The Beautification Committee is comprised of thirteen members. A majority of the members are residents of the City, but members may also be residents of either Concord or Staunton Townships in Miami County, Ohio. Members serve for two-year terms.
Appointment: Members are appointed by Mayor, approved by Council.
Meeting schedule: The Beautification Committee meets on the second Monday of each month at 4 p.m. in the City Hall Basement Conference Room.
|Name||Term Began||Term Expires|
|President: Gareth Johnston||June 1, 1984||July 1, 2020|
|Barbara Redick||July 1, 2019||July 1, 2021|
|Treasurer: Rosaleen Rayman||July 12, 1993||July 1, 2020|
|Amy Cullis||July 15, 2013||July 1, 2021|
|Deborah Kappers||Mar. 15, 2004||July 1, 2020|
|Pam Dalton||Oct. 4, 2010||July 1, 2020|
|Wanda Tremblay||Nov. 13, 2004||July 1, 2021|
|Barrie VanKirk||Oct. 4, 2010||July 1, 2021|
|Phyllis Dawkins||May 1, 2016||July 1, 2021|
|Cynthia Wingert||Oct. 8, 2019||July 1, 2021|
|Karol McCarthy||Mar. 8, 1994||July 1, 2020|
|Mary Davis||May 1, 2016||July 1, 2021|
|Secretary: Bill Miller||May 14, 2007||July 1, 2020|