Responsible for the year-round maintenance of the streets and alleys in the
include, but are not limited to: All Year
- Streets sweeping periodically
- Repair or replacement of roadside berms, guard rails, etc.
- Repair of potholes, sinkholes, and street openings
- Litter and roadside cleanup
- Ditch maintenance
- Special trash pickup
- MaintainDye Mill Road Facility
- Special projects and festivals (stages, barricades, etc.)
- Maintain Street Division vehicles and equipment
Snow Removal Priorities Map (PDF)
- Spring & Summer - asphalt, raising manholes, grading,
grass cuttingAutumn - leaf pickup
- Winter - snow and ice removal, crack seal program, tree
Snow Removal Policy
Click on the following link to view, download or
Residential Solid Waste Regulations (PDF)
The Solid Waste Division is responsible for the following:
- Residential solid waste collections and special trash items; which are
collected weekly on your designated trash day. We service approximately 10,000
households on a weekly basis.
- Residential recycling program administration
- Yard waste and brush collections
Special Trash Collection:
Special trash collection will now take place on your normal trash day.
This service is for the collection of items resulting from normal, routine
replacement of household items. The
following items are representative of the special trash collection items:
- Furniture, including lawn furniture.
- Appliances/water heaters.
- Carpeting/pads, mattresses/springs.
- Lawn care items, outdoor play equipment.
- TV antennas, spouting.
Special trash collection does not include paper, cardboard, brush,
construction materials, wood, car items, any item containing freon, or
anything placed in boxes, trash bags, or trash containers. It is not
intended for the pick-up of an entire household of furniture and appliances,
move-outs and/or evictions Special trash collection items must be placed out at the same place as your
weekly trash; this includes alley pick-ups that will now place their special
trash in the alley. Your weekly
and special trash items must be out at 7:00 A.M. on the day of collection,
but must not be placed out earlier than 24 hours before the scheduled day of
collection. Special trash items
must also be separated from your weekly trash.
Holiday Collection Date Changes
Your collection day may be delayed by
one day due to weekday holidays recognized by the City.
- When the following holidays; Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor
Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, occur on a
weekday(Monday-Friday) then trash collection will be delayed one day
from the normal schedule. The holiday collection schedule will never
be delayed by more than one day even for holidays celebrated over
two days (Christmas or Thanksgiving).
- When the above holidays occur on a
weekend, there is no change in your pickup schedule
- Any other holidays do not affect the trash schedule.