Dye Mill Road Compost Facility
The Dye Mill Road Facility will be open March 7 to November 26.
The Dye Mill Rd Compost Facility is a Class IV Compost Facility and available for the use to all City of Troy residents. The compost facility accepts compost materials including grass, brush, leaves, and garden refuse (excluding fruit) and non-compost materials such as rocks, bricks, and concrete. The Compost Facility is owned by the City, and a local contractor periodically grinds all the compostable materials received at the facility. The contractor is responsible for proper disposal of the grindings. The City composts approximately 6,500 cubic yards of material annually.
The City encourages use of this facility for large yard waste items that are not acceptable for disposal at the curb. The City hopes residents find the facility useful and appreciates the residents' assistance in keeping the facility clear and free of trash and other prohibited materials.
The Facility is open from March to November. Please see the facility's hours listed in the Contact Us section in the right column. The Compost Facility is closed on the following holidays: Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and the Friday after Thanksgiving.
The use of the Compost Facility is free of charge for Troy residents; proof of residency may be required. Below is a complete list of acceptable and prohibited materials.
From April to August, J.B. Mulch sells mulch at the Dye Mill Road Facility, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday-Friday. Mulch sales in autumn will be available during the operational hours at the facility. A price list is available here.
Please note that mulch sales are pick-up only.
- City of Troy brown biodegradable T-bags (Resident dumps T-bags)
- Garden waste / vines / plants (No fruits or vegetables)
- Logs @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Masonry / concrete block
- Non dumping trucks and trailers
- Non painted concrete yard figures
- Trees and limbs
- Wood chips
- Commercial Dumping
- Commingled yard waste (with solid waste)
- Concrete with re-bar or any foreign material attached
- Construction and demolition debris (Except for the clean untreated wood)
- Containerized bulk liquids
- Dead animals
- Food of any kind
- Hazardous waste
- Infectious waste
- Landscaping timbers and plastic edging
- Painted concrete, brick, and block
- Painted lumber and pallets
- Plant pots
- Solid Waste