Starting, Stopping, or Changing Service

Starting Services
To sign up for new service, simply appear at the office of Utility Billing, 100 S. Market St, Troy OH, first floor during normal working hours. You must complete either a “Utility Contract for Owner Occupied Property” or a “Utility Contract for Tenant Occupied Property”. (Both of these forms are available on the website, if you prefer filling them out and bringing them to the office with you.)

You must present a photo ID (driver’s license or state ID card) as acceptable proof of identification.

For either owner or tenant occupied property, all adults sharing the living space must appear at the office of Utility Billing and present an acceptable proof of identification. All adults sharing the living space will be listed on the contract.

For owner occupied property only, a married couple (with no other adults sharing the living space) may have just one person complete the application process and present acceptable proof of identification.

The following additional supporting documentation is required:
For tenant occupied property:
* Provide copy of lease agreement

For owner occupied property, one of the following is required:
* Copy of deed showing property ownership in the name of the applicant(s);
* Copy of closing papers from title company showing property ownership in the name of the applicant(s);
* If the property has not yet closed, a copy of the accepted Contract to Purchase showing the name(s) of the intended purchaser(s)   of the subject property.

If any delinquency exists for new service customer, this must be resolved prior to new service being completed. Please contact our office if you have any questions regarding any potential delinquency that may exist in your name, or for any adults sharing the living space.