Yard Waste Collection
The City of Troy provides a Yard Waste Collection program as a weekly curb-side service. Residents who utilize the curb-side service are required to either place items in a yard waste bag or bundle their items. Routine yard waste and yard waste bags should be placed by the curb on the resident’s scheduled trash and recycling day for collection. The City of Troy encourages the residents to utilize the Dye Mill Rd Compost Facility as an additional disposal method.
The city will collect the following:
- Grass clippings (bagged)
- Leaves (in yard waste bags). Unbagged leaves will be collected during the fall season. Check out our Leaf Collection page for more information.
- Brush (bagged or bundled). Brush must be routine tree or shrubbery trimmings. Brush must be no larger than 4 inches in diameter, and cut to lengths of under four feet.
Unacceptable Yard Waste Items
The City will NOT collect the following items curb-side:
- Broken concrete, dirt, sod or rocks,
- Construction & Demolition materials such as brick, block, and lumber
- Branches greater than 4 inches in diameter, and
- Cut down or topped trees, stumps, root systems or shrubs.
Residents may dispose of the aforementioned items at no charge at the Dye Mill Rd Compost Facility.
Yard Waste Bags
Paper biodegradable yard waste bags are to be used for routine grass, leaves, garden refuse and brush trimmings. These bags can collected weekly on the regular trash collection day at the resident's curb, or taken to the Dye Mill Rd Compost Facility. There is not a bag limit for the collection of the Yard Waste Bags placed at the curb.
Any paper, biodegradable yard waste bag is acceptable. These are available at most hardware and big box stores. Plastic biodegradable yard waste bags are NOT accepted.
These guidelines are provided in accordance with the City of Troy's Solid Waste Regulations (Codified Ordinance 919) as it pertains to yard waste.