The Street Division is responsible for road maintenance and repair, leaf pick-up, snow removal and the Sign and Paint shop. The Sign and Paint shop is responsible for sign maintenance and replacement, new sign installation, road painting, pavement markings and curb markings. Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Crack seal program
- Ditch maintenance
- Dye Mill Road Facility maintenance
- Litter and roadside cleanup
- Pothole, sinkhole, and street opening repairs
- Roadside berm and guard rail repairs or replacement
- Special projects and festivals (stages, barricades, etc.)
- Street sweeping periodically
- Tree removal program
Special Seasonal Responsibilities
- Autumn - See Leaf Collection Program
- Winter - See the Winter Weather Treatment Policy and the Snow Removal Priorities Map for details.
- Please note that, per Chapter 315, the Director of Public Service and Safety may declare a Snow Emergency and invoke the appropriate parking restrictions and/or prohibitions depending on the severity of the weather event.