The Troy Police Department complies with the Ohio Public Records Act. Requests for records may be made in person at the Police Department, by phone, mail, fax, or e-mail. Office hours are Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. excluding holidays. The Records section phone number is (937) 339-7525 option 5. E-mail requests should be directed to email@example.com. The records fax number is (937) 339-6066.
Please note the following:
- Requests are not always immediately available. Ohio law requires a prompt response within a reasonable amount of time. Requests are generally filled in the order they are received.
- Providing your name and/or contact information may help us identify the record you are looking for, notify you when your request is complete, and send it to you, but is not required.
Printed OH-1 accident report $4.00 Printed copies of reports under 20 pages Free Printed copies of reports 20 pages or more $0.05/per page Printed copies of color photographs $0.25/per photo E-mailed copies of reports/photographs (size limits) free Reports/photographs on CD/DVD/thumb drive actual cost of medium Postage costs for mailed reports actual postage cost
- Every incident report is assigned a case number. The most efficient way to request an incident report is by case number. This case number is available from the officer taking the report.
- In addition to crash and incident reports, several other administrative reports are available to the public upon request. These include the Department’s Annual Report, Annual Internal Affairs Summary, Annual Use of Force Review, and Annual Bias Based Policing Review.
- Requests for call logs or run sheets (dispatching records such as civil or custody disputes) should be made to:
Miami County Communication Center
210 Marybill Dr.
Troy, OH 45373
Community Crime Map
The Troy Police Department participates in the LexisNexis® Community Crime Map. Users may sign up for crime alerts or search for summaries of crime reports in their neighborhood. Follow the link below, if interested.
Crash reports are now available online from the link below. They are usually available 7-10 days after the investigation is closed.