- Feature Links
What is a DORA?
In the State of Ohio, a DORA allows visitors aged 21 and older to consume alcoholic beverages outdoors and in participating businesses within the area’s boundaries, during designated hours, and according to DORA rules.
Troy's DORA operates on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from noon to 10 p.m.
- Patrons must be age 21 or over to purchase or consume alcohol.
- DORA beverages must be purchased at participating liquor establishments — you cannot bring your own drink.
- DORA cups must be emptied or disposed of before you enter another bar or restaurant that serves alcohol, or any business displaying a red "DORA Not Permitted" sign.
- You may enjoy your beverage outdoors, and may also take your drink into shops displaying a green "DORA Welcome" sign.
- DORA drinks are allowed only within the DORA boundaries. Exit signage is placed at the boundaries of the DORA, and DORA beverages are not permitted outside of these exit points.
- Safety and nuisance laws are still enforced! Enjoy the DORA responsibly, be respectful of residents and businesses, and never drink and drive.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Can I bring my own drink into the DORA?
A: No. Patrons cannot bring their own alcoholic drink into the DORA. You can purchase your favorite drink in a marked DORA cup from a participating establishment.
Q: Can I take my DORA beverage from one liquor establishment into another?
A: No. You cannot take a full or partially-filled cup back into the liquor establishment where you purchased it after exiting, and you can’t take a full cup into another liquor establishment.
Q: Can I take my DORA beverage into my favorite shop?
A: Yes, if a retailer indicates that they allow DORA beverages by displaying a green DORA sign, you can shop with your drink!
Q: How will the DORA be enforced?
A: Troy police monitor the DORA area during routine patrols. If you need assistance, please contact the Troy Police Department at 911.
All liquor regulations apply to establishments and patrons within the DORA, including overserving and drunk driving laws. Please drink responsibly.
Download a printable version here.
Participating Liquor Establishments:
Agave & Rye
Basil's on Market
Elks Lodge (private club)
Leaf & Vine
Moeller Brew Barn
Mojo's Bar & Grill
Redman Lodge (private club)