A variety of events, including the 9/11 NEVER FORGET Mobile Exhibit, the Winans to Winans Half Marathon, and Troy Ohio PorchFest, will be downtown the weekend of September 10. The City asks that drivers avoid using the downtown area as a thru-route. Note the following closures:
From September 9 at 4:00 p.m. through the morning of September 13:
- W. Main Street will be closed from the Public Square to N. Monroe Street.
- Cherry, Short, Plum and Oxford Streets will be closed from W. Water Street to W. Franklin Street.
- Parking will be prohibited as follows:
- Northwest quadrant of the Public Square
- Water Street from N. Cherry Street to N. Short Street
- W. Franklin Street from S. Market Street to Hobart Drive
- Monroe Street from W. Water Street to W. Franklin Street
- Hobart Drive, N. Oxford Street and N. Short Street
- Cherry Street from W. Water Street to W. Franklin Street
- Parking on S. Plum, S. Short, and S. Oxford Streets from W. Main to W. Franklin Streets will be closed.
From approximately 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on September 11:
- Intermittent road closures will take place around the Southwest Historic District, bound by Main Street, South Market, and Grant Streets.
- Drivers are asked to be aware of increased foot traffic throughout the hours of PorchFest.
From approximately 7:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. on September 12:
- Water Street will be closed from Adams to North Market Street, and Adams Street will be closed from Water Street to Staunton Road.
- Drivers are asked to watch for runners in the downtown area, Riverside Drive, and the Trade Square area.
Free shuttles will be available to assist in transporting visitors this weekend. Busses will loop from the Miami County Fairgrounds to the Miami Valley Veterans Museum with a stop in downtown Troy. Shuttles will run Friday noon-11 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m.-10 p.m., and Sunday from 9:30 a.m.-8 p.m. Parking will be available at the north entrance of the Fairgrounds.