NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING BEFORE THE TROY PLANNING COMMISSION
PROPOSED AMENDMENTS TO CHAPTER 11 OF THE CODIFIED ORDINANCES OF THE CITY OF TROY, OHIO
REGARDING THE HISTORIC PRESERVATION OVERLAY DISTRICT AND PROCEDURE FOR ZONING CODE APPEALS
On Wednesday, June 22, 2022, at 3:30 PM, the Troy Planning Commission will hold a public hearing on proposed amendments to the Zoning Code, Chapter 11 of the Codified Ordinances of the City of Troy, Ohio, regarding the City of Troy Historic Preservation Overlay District (HP-O District) and Procedure for Zoning Code Appeals. Proposed major changes are:
- Section 1137.07, “Procedure for Appeals” – Update to provide clarity regarding applicability, initiations and review criteria.
- Section 1143.22(j) “HP-O District” – Explain when a Certificate of Appropriateness (COA) is required and define criteria for moving forward with an application
- Section 1143.22(k), “HP-O District” – Define minor alternations and note this activity does not need a COA.
- Section 1143.22(l),(m) “HP-O District” – Describe the COA review by the Zoning Administrator and Planning Commission, and define their responsibilities by project activity.
- Section 1143.22(n), “HP-O District” – Introduce the process for a demolition COA which cannot be considered unless the applicant meets strict and quantifiable evidence of economic hardship, which evidence must include multiple analyses, rehabilitation quotes and required financial guarantees.
- Section 1143.22(e) , “HP-O District” – Propose a HP-O Design Manual to provide a framework of guidelines to review for COA applications.
- Section 1143.22(p), “HP-O District” – Designate criteria for demolition by neglect.
- Eliminate separate penalty for this section and follow the penalty section for the Zoning Code.
The entire text of the proposed changes may be reviewed at the Office of the Secretary to the Troy Planning Commission, second floor, City Hall, 100 S. Market Street, or the Office of the Zoning Administrator, 102 S. Market Street.
This hearing will be part of the Planning Commission Meeting that will be held in Council Chambers, second floor, City Hall, 100 S. Market Street, Troy, Ohio.
The Troy Planning Commission will be making a recommendation to Troy City Council regarding the proposed amendments.