West Main Updates from Double Jay Construction:
Construction on West Main Street is several weeks ahead of schedule:
- Double Jay concrete crews have moved closer to the downtown pouring sidewalk and preparing areas for stamped concrete on the north side of West Main, between Short and Cherry Streets.
- The subsurface filling of the basement at 107 West Main was completed on April 11th, and the area beneath the sidewalk has been filled. The sidewalk area is open to pedestrian traffic, and concrete crews will soon complete the sidewalk.
- Double Jay has continued removing the curb, sidewalk, and existing storm sewer items between Elm and Plum on the south side of West Main. New storm sewer and underdrain are being installed between Elm and Plum; these will tie into the larger storm sewer pipes in the intersection of Elm and West Main. Where possible, crews are leaving sidewalks intact for pedestrian traffic.
- Wagner Paving will replace asphalt in the intersection of Elm and West Main when the sewer installation work is completed.
- Behnken Concrete plans to place curb and gutter between Adams and Short, on the south side of West Main, the week of April 24.
- Perram Electric crews will return in early May to continue traffic signal foundations and other electrical work at intersections. New light poles will go up soon.
Utility Duct Bank Project Updates from TC Holzen:
The utility duct crew west of Ridge Avenue is restoring drives and sidewalks, placing topsoil, and seeding disturbed areas of the project area. Once this work is complete, overhead utilities will begin installing underground lines in the new conduit.
Elm and West Main Intersection Closure
The intersection of West Main and Elm will be closed the week of April 24 through 28 for sewer replacement. Detours using Interstate 75, Market Street, and County Road 25A will be marked.
This closure will allow crews to work more efficiently and safely for both crews and drivers. Lanes will be open as soon as safely possible. All contractors will work to wrap up the intersection closure quickly.