See what's new in the city.
City Hall Is Now Open with Precautions
- City Hall has re-opened to the public during normal business hours (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.).
- Residents are strongly encouraged to call and make appointments in City Hall for tax filing support, as well as to set up utility bill payment plans.
- Visitors to City Hall are required to maintain six feet of distance, and are asked to wear masks if possible.
- The Maintenance Facility, Cemetery buildings, Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants, and Park Maintenance Facility will remain closed to the public until further notice.
- Some public meetings will be conducted remotely using Zoom video conferencing technology. Note that Zoom requires a free registration. All meetings will be advertised in advance on the City’s online calendar.
Contact-Free Bill Payment Options
Utility and tax bills can be paid online, by mail, or through the drop box at City Hall. Online payments do incur a third-party service fee, which cannot be waived by the City.
Water shut-offs are currently suspended. Billing for water and wastewater services incurred during this time will still take place but penalties will not be added. Customers are encouraged to pay at least some of their monthly bill if possible, to reduce their eventual bill.
Tax Deadline Moved to July 15
The deadline to file and pay City of Troy tax obligations has been extended to July 15, 2020 to comply with the State of Ohio and Internal Revenue Service. This includes 2019 final tax liability and 2020 first quarter estimated tax. Tax forms are available here.
Small Business Loan Payments Deferred
City Council has approved a three-month deferral of loan payments for businesses who have received loans through the City’s Community Development Block Grant and Small Business Development Fund.
There are currently 29 loans being paid back to the City of Troy through these programs. Interest on these loans will not accrue for this three-month period until August 1, 2020.
For questions, please contact:
Billing and Collections: 937-335-4151
Development Department: 937-339-9601
Income Tax: 937-339-3861
Service Director’s Office: 937-335-1725
Ohio Department of Health: 1-833-427-5634
Miami County Public Health Department: 937-573-3500