At its December 2, 2019 meeting, the Troy City Council approved the City’s 2020 All Funds Budgets.
Mayor Beamish and Council are pleased to share that the 2020 budget prioritizes economic development, the replacement of major equipment, and investments in transportation, safety services, and infrastructure.
Some highlights of the budget include:
- A total budget of $52,414,941 to cover projected expenses across all City departments, projects and initiatives.
- Major equipment and vehicle replacements, including funds for a replacement Fire Department engine, 5-ton truck and 1-ton plow trucks for the Street Division, a backhoe for the Utility Division, replacement pickup trucks for the Park, Cemetery, Recreation, and Water Plant operations, and three new marked police cruisers.
- An additional position for the Park Department, which will focus on maintenance of the downtown area.
- Investment in transportation, including the road paving program, the continuation of the Riverside Drive reconstruction project, and the next phase of the sidewalk replacement program.
- Continued funding for economic development partners, as well as the continued implementation of riverfront-related recommendations.
The budget reflects our ongoing commitment to responsible financial management, while providing City services at a level that meets the needs of Troy residents. Over the next few weeks, we will highlight some of the major City projects, programs, and initiatives being funded in 2020. If you have any questions or comments, please contact the City at (937) 335-1725 during regular business hours.